International Women’s Day celebrated annual and is for celebrating. The 2017 campaign is to “#be bold for change“. Whether you challenge the bias and inequality, campaign against violence, forge women’s advancement, celebrate women’s achievement or champion women’s education. You too can make a change.
Here’s to strong women.
May we know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them.
Stand tall and be the woman you always dreamed you’d be. Remember a little person is watching you. Idolises you. And will mimic all that you do!
Not sure how you can make a difference? Check out the International Women’s Day website at https://www.internationalwomensday.com/BeBold
They are happy to inspire you with the following examples of how to #be bold:
#Challenge bias and inequality
- query all-male speaking panels
- pull people up on exclusive language
- challenge stereotypes
- call it out when women are excluded
- monitor the gender pay gap
- point out bias and highlight alternatives
- call for diverse candidate shortlists
- embrace inclusive leadership
- redefine the status quo
#Campaign against violence
A campaign worthy of support whether you are male or female!
- educate youth about positive relationships
- challenge those who justify perpetrators and blame victims
- donate to groups fighting abuse
- speak out against the silence of violence
- be vigilant and report violence
- campaign for the prevention of violence
- abstain from all violence, physical and otherwise
- volunteer your help at a local charity
- recognise coercive control and redress it
#Forge women’s advancement
A cause close to my own heart.
- decide to buy from companies that support women
- choose to work for a progressive employer for women
- support or back a woman-owned business
- take a junior female colleague to a major meeting or event
- build conducive, flexible work environments
- appoint a woman to the board
- mentor a woman and sponsor her goals
- invite women into situations where they’re not already present or contributing
- measure and report on gender parity gaps and keep gender on the agenda
- create new opportunities for women
#Celebrate women’s achievement
- raise women’s visibility as spokespeople in the media
- drive fairer recognition and credit for women’s contributions
- launch even more awards showcasing women’s success
- hail the success of women leaders
- applaud social, economic, cultural and political women role models
- celebrate women’s journeys and the barriers overcome
- reinforce and support women’s triumphs
#Champion women’s education
- launch or fund a women-focused scholarship
- encourage more girls into STEM education and careers
- value diversity for greater educational outcomes
- support women inventors of new products and services
- celebrate women researchers discovering new knowledge
- learn to code
Hi! Natural Birth and Motherhood is about empowering women who are going through the stages of pregnancy, birth or motherhood. Find out more useful information on related topics by clicking the Blog button.